and I just proved it to everyone by doing it (writing fiction) in a coffeeshop. Yes, I am now One of Those People Who Write On Their Macbook in Coffeeshops. I woke up this morning, decided to try it (again, as I have never been able to focus enough on actually writing whenever I go to a coffeeshop/library/etc to do such a thing, due to peoplewatching and so on and so forth), and the experiment has proven successful! I’m going to chalk today up as a win. Low expectations and all that.
The best thing would have been to blog at said coffeeshop, but their WiFi is locked and I figured I might have to pay for it, so.
Other things I did today:
- scoured Craigslist for jobs
- finished No One Belongs Here More Than You
- went to a restaurant and applied to be a waitress
- went to apply to another job, to sell books at the airport, but got tangled up in the airport roadways and couldn’t find a place to park that wouldn’t charge me at least three dollars for the service, so I left and decided to apply via Craigslist instead
- went back to AHWOSG, which is what I’d been reading before ILL came through with aforementioned No One
- crossing the border –– again –– from poseur to halfway-legitimate hipster (see above)
- drank hot chocolate at the outrageously air-conditioned coffeeshop
- spilled hot chocolate on my dress