Happy Easter! Slash middle of Passover!
I am home for the holidays; normally this is not super exciting. It mostly involves heckling the Food Network and then falling asleep on my dad’s couch. Sometimes I also go to the dentist. But! A major perk is that I get to hang out with my brother. Only a few of the activities we have pursued together only today:
- trying to teach the cat to surf
- performing an intense meta-analysis of Aesops’s lyrics (Life ain’t a bitch/she’s a beautiful woman/you only call her a bitch/cuz she won’t let you get that pussy)
- watching a documentary about typeface
- reliving favorite episodes of Metalocalypse
- renting Superbad
- yelling at Bobby Flay on the TV screen
- making plans to go pick up tea paraphernalia at the mall tomorrow
We are incredibly badass. Here is an exchange we had on the way to the video store, post-Easter dinner:
Rachel (coughing, because she is sick): I ate way too much ham. I think I might actually start coughing up ham.
David: Like… hamballs?
Rachel: Yes. Hamballs.
David: I think that’s called vomiting.
Don’t worry, kids! I did not vomit. Easter was saved. I got some Canadian chocolate in the shape of a chicken. When I can ingest food again without feeling nauseous, I am going to eat it. Enjoy the holiday.